Location: Eastern Suburbs
We are currently looking for a Trained Bush Regenerator to work at least 2 days per week with an experienced team. Most of the work that will be available is in the Eastern suburbs, and occasionally in other areas of Sydney. The position is casual.
Who we are:
Bush Habitat Co-operative was established in 2001 with the aim of providing staff and clients with thoughtful and cost-effective bush regeneration work that is focussed on the needs of the site, particularly protecting and restoring wildlife habitat. Since establishment our work has been mostly in Endangered Ecological Communities with long-term contracts. All directors and staff work on a casual basis, but many have worked for a number of years with the Co-operative. Our pay rate is somewhat above industry award.
- TAFE Cert III in Conservation and Land Management or equivalent
- At least 6 months’ experience in bush regeneration fieldwork, with a good understanding of bush regeneration in remnant vegetation
- Must be physically fit and not afraid of hard work
- Own transport
- Chemcert or equivalent
- Own mobile phone
- Practical fieldwork in Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub
- Senior First Aid or equivalent
- WHS white card
- Chainsaw certificate
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Please email your cover letter and CV with relevant details to Alex Bamforth, email@example.com or contact Alex on 0411603469 (mon-fri)