Dragonfly Environmental are specialists in ecological restoration of wetlands, riparian zones and saltmarshes and environmental management of a wide range of terrestrial ecosystems. They are leaders in their field, with results that speak for themselves in the form of significant recreated and restored environments throughout greater Sydney, regional NSW, Victoria and Queensland.
If you are looking to join a motivated, hard working, passionate team – you have found us!
Dragonfly Environmental is looking to employ a Natural Area Specialist with Leading Hand responsibilities who will be based within the Campbelltown, Fairfield, Blacktown and the Hills District.
While Dragonfly is rapidly expanding, it prides itself on maintaining a family feel, where members are valued parts of the team. Employees are passionate about what they do and take their work seriously – but find time for pleasure and fun in what they do, making Dragonfly Environmental a great company to be a part of!
You duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Daily report writing
- Managing/inspiring teams in ecological restoration
- Managing assigned projects and working with Site Supervisor’s to reach goals
- Update Site Supervisor and Division 4 Delivery Manager of any changes/issues/concerns to/with the works
- Travelling between sites and depot (located in Elenora Heights)
- Stock take of tools/chemicals used on sites
- Simple maintenance of tools
- Complete daily Work Health and Safety checks/risk assessments
- Complete daily formstacks, take site photos and updating maps
- Build strong relationship with client’s
- Complete ecological restoration tasks
- Constant communication with head office
- Using other online programs when required (e.g. Asset Guard and Deputy)
- Australian work rights
- Drivers licence and ability to drive manual confidently
- White card
- First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- Certificate III or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management
- 2+ years experience in ecological restoration/Plant ID
- Strong passion for the environment, corresponding with Dragonfly Environmental’s values
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- High level of communication skills
- Willingness to work in any weather
- Willingness to use personal vehicle to transport tools and other resources required for the days work
- Chainsaw ticket (Level 1 desired, level 2 preferred)
- Chemcert card (AQF-3 Chemical Accreditation)
Monday to Friday – 7:00am – 3:30pm
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to ‘email@example.com’ with the position title you are applying for in the email subject.
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as Dragonfly Environmental vacancies do not have a closing date.