- Flexible locations in the Sydney Basin (Harrington Park, Sutherland, Sydney CBD, Austinmer)
- Flexible hours (full time / part time)
- Expanding Company
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD is one of Australia’s leading environmental assessment, strategic conservation planning and ecosystem management consultancies.
We believe that we make a significant contribution to improving environmental outcomes in Australia by delivering high quality consulting services that combine a landscape approach with sound scientific principles, strategic thinking, effective communication and integrity.
Due to our company’s continued and sustained growth we have multiple exciting opportunities for Restoration Ecologists to join our team of dynamic and highly respected environmental professionals, with the successful applicant having a choice to be based out of multiple office locations in the Greater Sydney region.
Multiple opportunities are available to accommodate a range of experience. We are looking for staff to be involved in ecological restoration projects, including implementation of NSW Biodiversity Conservation Act Stewardship Agreements.
The role will also involve the project management (including writing proposals and budget / sub-contractor management) of restoration ecology and on-ground bush regeneration / revegetation works and the preparation of various reports relevant to restoration ecology and land management, including weed and vegetation management plans.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a passion for restoring native ecosystems as well as the following:
- A degree in Environmental Science or related discipline or substantial experience in lieu of higher graduate qualification
- Experience in preparing weed / vegetation management plans, including costings
- Experience in managing the implementation of weed / vegetation management plans, including budget management
- Ability to prepare proposals and manage projects, including development of detailed budgets and schedules
- Practical knowledge in a range of restoration techniques (e.g. bush regeneration, revegetation, erosion control, feral animal control etc)
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to prepare and/or review high quality reports
- Current driver’s license.
Desirable (highly regarded):
- Experience in the nursery industry, especially native and/or wholesale production
- Experience with native seed (collection, propagation or direct seeding)
- Experience in ecological survey design, monitoring and assessment
- GIS skills or a demonstrated understanding of spatial data analysis and application in ecology
- A working knowledge of relevant NSW and Federal legislation.
- Competitive remuneration, reviewed annually
- Study assistance program and corporate training program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Ability to salary sacrifice for additional annual leave and superannuation contributions
- Yearly staff conference
- Generous reward and recognition program
- A workplace culture underpinned by our values of
– Listen first
– Share your genius
– Be courageous
– Feed the culture
- Birthday leave – yes, a paid day off on your birthday!
If this sounds like you, we would like to chat. We can provide a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued and where you can grow and further develop. Please forward your application (cover letter, short CV and response to selection criteria) to Bec South, Human Resources Coordinator, via firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business Friday 25 January 2019.