- Salary $88,605.58 – $102,781.79 p/a + super
- Leaseback vehicle offered
- 38hpw/ 9 day fortnight
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to coordinate the Bushland Maintenance team.
Reporting to the Manager Open Space Operations, this role will see you lead, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of your team, ensuring all works are carried out in compliance with relevant environmental legislation and Council policies.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to bushland management
- Coordination of Council’s bushfire mitigation works
- Coordination of Council’s Bushcare and Bushland Restoration programs
- Coordination of Council’s Walking Track and Fire Trail maintenance programs
- Undertaking environmental assessments
- Supervision of contractors
You will also engage with various local bodies to develop management programs in the areas of:
- Bushfire management
- Vertebrate Pest management
- Noxious weed management
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on person who possesses the ability to work collaboratively in a team to tight time frames while maintaining the provision of consistent, high quality service delivery.
To be considered for this role you will require relevant tertiary qualifications in Natural Resource or Environmental Management and substantial experience in a similar role.
Previous supervisory experience is essential, along with a WHS Whitecard and current Class C driver’s licence.
In-depth knowledge of bushland maintenance, bush regeneration, bushfire hazard control practices and safe work principles is also a requirement of this position.
Knowledge of local government legislation and polices would be desirable.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for interview.
To view the Position Description and to apply, visit: https://careers.kmc.nsw.gov.au/jobs/KMC-BOPS01
Like to know more? Please Contact Matthew Drago – 9424 0956
Closes: 11:45pm, Sunday 26th November 2017