Landcare Australia is the leading national not-for-profit organisation working in partnership with business, government and community to support the Landcare community’s natural resource management program.
Landcare Australia manages a number of high-value environmental sites across Australia, and is looking for a Team Leader for its Sydney Bush Regeneration team.
The Team Leader – Bush Regeneration is responsible for the supervision and management of regeneration and revegetation work, in accordance with contract specifications, to help deliver excellent environmental outcomes. Supervising a dedicated and enthusiastic team, the role requires day-to-day site management responsibilities, including timely and accurate reports, client liaison, staff management and training, as well as maintaining a safe work environment and team culture.
The position is based in Sydney, but will involve occasional travel to various other Landcare Australia project sites within NSW.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in Bush Regeneration
- At least one year’s experience in on-site management leading small groups of regenerators.
- Staff supervision experience
- Proven Bush Regeneration skills
- Commitment to high quality work standards
- Problem solving skills and adaptability
- Able to schedule detailed work programs and deliver targets
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Industry knowledge (incl. Chemical use, WH&S, First-Aid)
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Work style, personal attributes and attitudes:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Highly motivated to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a consultative and collaborative manner with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to work on weekends, on occasions.
- Ability to work safely and effectively alone, and in a small group environment.
- Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management or equivalent
- Certification in safe handling, storage and application of chemicals.
- Current first-aid certificate
- General Construction Induction White Card
- Current valid driver’s licence
For further information please contact the NSW Environmental Projects Manager, Rob Porter on 0427 013 396 or submit a brief application letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: ASAP