The National Trust Australia’s pioneering Natural Area Restoration NGO is seeking to employ a qualified bush regeneration site supervisor. Applicants must have a passion for bush regeneration and natural area restoration, be hard-working, motivated, keen to learn and to share our passion for conservation work.
Task will include but are not limited to the management of staff and of natural area restoration projects in western Sydney. Company work vehicles will be provided to the successful applicants.
The National Trust values motivated staff and rewards employees by
- Offering professional opportunities for growth and flexibility.
- Offering interesting and challenging projects in a supportive team environment.
- Actively encourages employee feedback and ownership of projects.
- Offering great remuneration packages.
Essential selection criteria
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Cert III or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Thorough knowledge of indigenous and introduced plant species.
- Strong work ethic.
- Current Drivers Licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle.
- Current Chemical Certificate AQF3.
- OHS Green/White Card.
- Tech savvy and knows their way around the android platform
Desirable selection Criteria
- Physically fit for the inherent requirements of the role
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Previous site supervising experience highly regarded
- Be able to positively promote the services of the National Trust of Australia (NSW) to clients.
- Be prepared to improve relevant skills through further training if required.
- Mechanically inclined.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for and you would like to work with a highly respected organisation with a rich history in natural area restoration and conservation, please send your resumes and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries and a full job description call (02) 9258 0159