Terra Australis Regeneration is seeking two bush regenerators and one site supervisor for casual work 21 hrs to 35 hrs per week, working in one or two small team/s primarily on Northern Beaches (ex Warringah), North Sydney and Willoughby Council sites with co-workers who are dedicated to providing quality work for both our clients and the environment.
To be considered for these positions you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in bushland regeneration, natural area management, ecology or equivalent such as a TAFE Certificate II/III/IV or Diploma in Conservation and Land Management;
- Post study site experience;
- Awareness and experience of WHS procedures and environmental legislation;
- Experience, ability and willingness to perform fine hand weeding, as well as primary work on a variety of sites;
- The ability to perform hand/power tool operation; and
- Your own mode of transport due to location of some sites.
For the Supervisor role:
- At least two years post-qualification site and reporting experience;
- Current accredited qualification in chemical safety and senior first aid;
- Previous supervision experience including daily record keeping for production of monthly reports, photography and mapping;
- Willingness to be back-up for weekend bushcare supervision preferred;
- Demonstrated reliability which will be checked through references; and
- Possess the ability to work well with other team members.
We are based on Sydney’s northern beaches, with teams working on sites in the former Warringah area, North Sydney, Willoughby, Ku-ring-gai and Ryde which you will need to consider if applying from outside these areas.
Immediate start available after a few days’ trial for work until the end of June 2017, with the expectation of further employment beyond June, depending on individual performance and Council contract renewals.
Please email your CV / resume and covering letter to email@example.com