2018 Field trips & Workshops…any ideas?
December 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 30, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
We’re planning an eventful 2018. Some events to look forward to include:
- Early in the new year at Lake Macquarie we’ll look at a Biobanking site where council’s bush regenerators and sustainability officers will outline the on-ground and behind the scenes efforts to obtain biobanking success.
- In autumn we’ll be blazing a trail and heading to Artamon to hear from contractors and council staff about flame weeding and how it is a tool for Integrated Pest Management.
- In late September as part of the SERA conference, Striving for Restoration Excellence a two day pre-conference field trip will take delegates to a range of sites in northern NSW’s Big Scrub
- There will also be workshops on plant identification and specialist botany i.e grasses, sedges, rainforest.
AABR is seeking expressions of interest for lively gatherings of the field trip kind in 2018.
The benefits of hosting can include:
- filming by the regenTV crew for inclusion on AABR’s website
- meeting a project deliverable for sharing the project outcomes
- gathering project partners together to see the outcomes of your work
- sharing a new technique
- garnering the expertise of the brains-trust that gathers at these events
- networking with fellow contractors, council staff and AABR members
If this something you would be interested in all you need to do is send an email to email@example.com with a brief outline and proposed time
You would have to organise the site visit and explanatory expertise, AABR coordinates the promotion (with you) and bookings and filming.
Do you have a knowledge gap that you’d like filled?
AABR is keen to host workshops to support our member’s ongoing learning. Let us know the topic and we’ll endeavour to host a workshop to fill the knowledge gap.