– please join AABR in emailing the Institute Director.
- North Coast Institute of TAFE has decided to charge CLM students full commercial fees to commencing in 2014 (round $3K for Cert 3, $4.6K for Cert 4 and around $12K for diploma.)
- This is happening prior to the NSW ‘Smart and Skilled’ reforms are introduced and appears to be contrary to due process.
- The requirement for full commercial fees is likely to lead to a lowering of enrolments and a serious under-servicing of our industry.
- The CLM qualifications are critical to maintaining and improving industry standards and meeting a growing demand for skilled workers and supervisors in the Conservation and Land Management industry.
- CLM courses are run at five north coast campuses (Coffs Harbour, Trenayr, Wollongbar, Kingscliff and Murwillumbah). The Natural Area Restoration courses are highly recognised in the natural area restoration industry in northern NSW. CLM III and IV have run continuously since 2006 and have had one of the highest enrolment and course completion rate within the Natural Area and Primary Industry department.
- The CLM courses are an industry requirement on the far north coast and have enabled a multi-million dollar industry to develop, prosper and expand, providing employment for an increasing labour force. The demand for industry training has not declined and appears to be continuing.
Email letters of concern and request for the decision to be reversed to:
North Coast Institute of TAFE
Geoff Baldry (Cluster director Primary Industries)