- This event has passed.
Water Weeds + Workshop – NSW
November 5 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm| $20 – $25
A one-day workshop with a bit of everything… Water Weeds, the Biosecurity Act, the National Restoration Standards and networking…what more could you want?
Charlie Mifsud, DPI’s Aquatic Weeds Project Officer in the Invasive Species Program will be the main presenter.
The day is designed to be a learning and networking opportunity with morning tea and lunch provided (Indian) to optimise networking time.
Bookings are through Eventbrite. If an invoice is required please contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date : Tuesday 5/11/19
Time : 9-4pm (8:30 registration)
Venue : Harry Todd Band Hall ,10 Jubilee Lane, HARRIS PARK NSW 2150
Transport : Parramatta or Harris Park Train Station (10min walk). Metered Parking
Catering : Morning tea and Lunch (Indian) provided
Cost : AABR Members $20, non-member $25
Bookings close : 1/11/19
The learning outcomes include:
- Examining live plant specimens to help to distinguish between native and introduced species
- Water weed habitats
- Impacts and vectors of spread
- Legislative requirements
- Recognising plant characteristics
- Correct disposal of aquatic plant material
- Understanding of the NSW Biosecurity Act 2015 in relation to weed management.
National Restoration Standards
- An overview of the standards
- Using the recovery wheel as a site assessment tool
The Program for the day
- 8:30 registration-networking
- 9-9:15 Welcome & house keeping
- 9:15-11 pm Aquatic weeds (DPI)
- 11 -11:30 Morning tea/networking
- 11:30-1:00 Aquatic weeds (DPI)
- 1-1:30- Networking /lunch
- 1:30-3:30 Biosecurity Act
- 3:30-4pm National Standards/Recovery Wheel